Aftercare for EVLT Surgery
1. The local anaesthesia will last approximately 3 hours after the procedure is over. Mild discomfort may be present and you are encouraged to use the medication prescribed.
2. Avoid strenuous exercise (aerobics, bicycling or running) for up to two weeks after the procedure. Walking twice daily for up to 3 km will speed up the healing process.
3. After your procedure, you will have a dressing on your leg. Please leave this dressing in place until your next appointment. Please, DO NOT get the dressing wet.
4. You will be fitted for a compression stocking that is to remain on until your next appointment.
5. In the unlikely event that you notice blood through the dressing, do not become alarmed. This is a minor problem and easily controlled. First elevate your leg. Keep the leg elevated and apply some extra pressure over where the bloody spot is located. After you have done this, please call the office for further instructions.
6. The second week is usually more uncomfortable than the first week.
© 2016 The Gibson Vein Practice | Designed by Green Room
Disclaimer 1. This site is Advice ONLY 2. Errors and omissions are possible and all information should be checked, confirmed and individualised.